- Australia’s finest, Washington has taken home the prestigious title of “Breakthrough Songwriter Of The Year” at the 2011 Australian Performing Right Association (APRA) Awards. Washington is currently making waves in American with her debut How To Tame Lions EP.
- Boston-based experimental rockers, The Venetia Fair, released their long awaited new EP, “The Pits” and will head out on Warped Tour on the following dates.
- Black Water Rising‘s self-titled debut album is now available in Europe on Metalville Records, and in North America on Giddy Up! Records.
- A prominent management team is launching a national search for the next modern day Sinatra.This major record label is looking for an 18 â€“ 24 year old male with modern day â€œrat pa...
Monthly Archives June 2011
American rock heavyweights 3 Doors Down have announced the presale release of their highly anticipated new album Time of My Life. Fans can visit iTunes to pre order their copy of the deluxe and standard versions of the album starting today. The digital deluxe version will feature bonus material including 3 acoustic tracks, 1 demo track and 1 B-side track (full bonus track listing below).
“We are excited for the fans to hear these songs and think theyâ€™ll love them as much as we do,â€ said front man Brad Arnold. â€œItâ€™s a record weâ€™re proud of and we canâ€™t wait to play the songs for yaâ€™ll live!â€ he added.
Time of My Life will be available everywhere on July 19th through Universal Republic...Read More
SoulMotor’s new album Wrong Place at the Right Time is now available on iTunes and is currently streaming in full on their Facebook. The CD version of the album will be available through Amazon’s Disk on Demand in the coming week. Featuring Brain Wheat of Tesla fame, and creative mastermind Darin Wood, SoulMotor has also recently released a video for the song “Down in Mexico” which is included on Wrong Place at the Right Time. The controversial NC-17 version of the clip can be seen now at www.soulmotor.com.
Vocalist Darin Wood created the SoulMotor CD package, accompanying series of artwork and cast of characters related to the SoulMotor project. Some of the characters have already been introduced to SoulMotor’s followers on the band’s Facebook page, with more to be revealed in...Read More
On their 17th studio album, George Thorogood and The Destroyers pay tribute to their Chess Records heroes, including many of Thorogood’s legendary mentors who helped to launch his career in rock & roll. Titled 2120 SOUTH MICHIGAN AVENUE, the 13-track album will be released by Capitol/EMI on July 12 on CD, vinyl LP, and digital download. The album features Thorogood’s raw, rocking turn on classics by a who’s-who of the blues, including Willie Dixon, Muddy Waters, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry, Howlin’ Wolf, Buddy Guy, Sonny Boy Williamson, Little Walter and other Chess greats, as well as new original songs written by Thorogood, the album’s producer, Tom Hambridge, and Richard Fleming.
Thorogood is proud to honor Chess Records’ architects of modern blues and rock & roll, saying “Chuck Be...Read More
- Musical renaissance man Butch Walker has confirmed the August 30 release of his debut album The Spade and his new single “Summer of 89″ is available on his Tumblr today.
- Pith-rock artist, Rachel Taylor Brown is set to release her seventh studio album World So Sweet nationally on September 20th. Check out her mp3′s for records “Taxidermy” and “How To Make A World Class Gymnast” here!
- Provogue Records has announced an August 30th release date for Eric Sardinas‘ upcoming album Sticks & Stones. Sardinas will support the album on tour with Big Motor on the following dates.
- Chicago’s own Hey Champ is back with a brand new video for their infectious electro-pop ode to their hometown, “Silver City” which premiered on MTV!
- The widely praised duo Tennis now bring us “Is It True“, a Brenda Lee Cove...