(PCM) Everyone’s favorite rapper to hate, Kanye West, just dropped his long-awaited and much-anticipated 7th studio album, The Life of Pablo, after an inspiring performance on tonight’s episode of Saturday Night Live.
After performing the album’s opener, “Ultralight Beam”, with Chance the Rapper, Kelly Price, The-Dream, and a chorus that included the track’s co-writer Fonzworth Bentley, Kanye rushedly announced that The Life of Pablo is now available for streaming exclusively on Tidal.
T.L.O.P. is also available for purchase and download from kanyewest.com after listening to a message from Yassin Bey, formerly known as Mos Def, who believes political motivations are behind his detainment in South Africa which resulted from a dispute over his world passport.
West also performed T.L.O.P. track “Highlights” with El DeBarge, Kelly Price, The-Dream, and Young Thug during his sixth appearance as a musical guest on SNL.
When Kanye first started working on the album back in November 2013, it was titled So Help Me God before undergoing several name changes, including SWISH and Waves.
West only confirmed the album’s official title as The Life of Pablo two days ago on February 11th via Twitter when he released the “final” official track list.
Final track list for The Life Of Pablo pic.twitter.com/PMH94MAAeJ
— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) February 11, 2016
Initially scheduled to drop on Friday, February 11th, The Life of Pablo‘s release was delayed by a day, and according to Kanye, Chance the Rapper is to blame.
Apparently, Chance insisted on the inclusion of a track titled “Waves”, delaying the album’s release. Since Kanye’s first tweet, the album’s track list has undergone a few changes, including the addition of “Waves” as well as a number of other songs.
The album is being mastered and will be out today… added on a couple of tracks… pic.twitter.com/6lBxcd83N2
— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) February 12, 2016
The 18 track album has a run time of 58 minutes and is now available for streaming exclusively on Tidal. See below for the official track listing.
The Life of Pablo:
- “Ultralight Beam” (featuring Chance the Rapper, Kirk Franklin and The-Dream)
- “Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1” (featuring KiD CuDi)
- “Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 2” (featuring Desiigner)
- “Famous” (featuring Rihanna and Swizz Beatz)
- “Low Lights”
- “Highlights” (featuring Young Thug and The-Dream)
- “Freestyle 4”
- “I Love Kanye”
- “Waves” (featuring Chance the Rapper and Chris Brown)
- “FML” (featuring The Weeknd)
- “Real Friends” (featuring The Weeknd)
- “Wolves” (featuring Frank Ocean, Sia Furler and Vic Mensa)
- “Silver Surfer Intermission”
- “30 Hours”
- “No More Parties in LA” (featuring Kendrick Lamar)
- “Facts (Charlie Heat Version)”
- “Fade” (featuring Post Malone and Ty Dolla $ign)