(PCM) Many would feel after the horribly embarrassing incident that Kanye West pulled on Taylor Swift at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards by rudely interrupting her acceptance speech, she wouldn’t even give him the time of day, however it seems that now they have finally buried the hatchet.
Kanye revealed to Ryan Seacrest that the two will be collaborating in the studio and that Swift actually approached Kanye at the recent Grammy Awards ceremony to express interest in working together in the near future.
— On Air/Ryan Seacrest (@OnAirWithRyan) February 11, 2015
Keep in mind, Kanye also got himself into some hot water at the Grammy Awards this year, but nearly pulling a repeat of the Swift incident. He walked up on the stage during Beck’s big win for Album Of The Year as if he was going to protest.
He later made some very harsh comments about Beck and artistry during an after-show interview with E! News, however Kanye is now saying that those comments were taken out of context.
He told Seacrest “Beck is one of the nicest guys, and most respected musicians in the game. When I said that thing about respect artistry, I think it came off the wrong way and that was a mis-wording on my part. … Obviously Beck is one of the most respected artists, and respects artistry.”
That was definitely some very serious “mis-wording” on Kanye’s part, as he seemed pretty fired up about the incident if you view the interview. When he was asked why he felt the need to storm the stage yet again, he revealed “The voices in my head told me to go up”.
Umm … ok Kanye! Whatever you say!
So far there has been no comment from Taylor Swift officially confirming a collaboration.